The Honorary Best Costume Award
Entry Fees for this event will be donated to “Twirling To Fight Cancer”
in honor of those in the twirling community fighting breast cancer
Congratulations to our 2021 Best Costume Winner,
Thank you to all of the Best Costume Competitors that contributed to
Twirling to Fight Cancer! We were honored to be able to donate $425 in 2021!
Previous Year Best Costume Winners:
2021 - Briley Harrell
2020 - Angela Schultheis (0-12) & Kaylynn Lambert (13+)
2019 - Jaidyn Poole
2018 - Collyn Lambeck
2017 - Khloe Page
2016 - Jenna Bowen
2015 - Analeia Aleman
Help further support Twirling to Fight Cancerby visiting the following companies:
Previous Contest Year Results
This event has concluded for 2021.
Check back as we get closer for more info on the 2022 event
For additional questions please email ATXTwirlFest@gmail.com
or call Ashley Wood at 512-848-7426
7th Annual Austin Holiday Twirl Fest
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Hosted By: The Hutto HS Winterguard & Twirl ATX
Contest Directors: Ashley Wood & Whitney Coons
NBTA Sanction #2217
COVID STATEMENT & SAFETY PROCEDURES as of 10/1/21
Due to safety concerns related to COVID-19, in order to safely hold our event, there may be several procedures added to the 2021 ATX Holiday Twirl Fest Event. Failure to cooperate with these procedures by any twirling athlete or their accompanying parent will result in the athlete being disqualified and removed from the competition with no refunds given.
Please do not register if you do not agree to follow all procedures! *ALL PROCEDURES SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
1. As of right now, there will be no limits on spectators. Should that change, all registered twirlers will be notified ASAP.
2. It is requested that masks are worn in the facility when moving through public spaces. Athletes will not be required to have a mask on when warming up and performing. Spectators can remove their mask in the bleachers if they are stationary and spaced a minimum of six feet from anyone around them.
3. Each competitor and accompanying adult must fill out a COVID-19 screening form on the morning of the event before entering the building. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed in the facility.
4. Attendees must recognize that by registering for the contest and entering the facility, they are assuming the risk involved with potential exposure to COVID-19. While the contest directors will uphold as many precautions as possible, attendees must understand that there is inherent risk with any activity that involves possible contact with other people.
5. Please note that while we have secured Hutto HS for this event, should the ongoing situation around COVID-19 change, we may have to introduce additional precautions or change the facility location, mask requirements, event schedule, or spectator options. There will be NO REFUNDS offered for any reason unless we cancel the competition. When you sign up you are agreeing that you understand this fact. Let us know if you have any questions!
*HIGH SCHOOL PLAY OFF HOLD* If your High Schooler wants to enter but may have a football play-off
conflict, please register online but send payment via CHECK with a note saying "hold for play-offs".
We will not cash the check until we receive confirmation of attendance. If doing a
Play Off Hold, DO NOT pay online. WE WILL NOT REFUND PAYPAL PAYMENTS!
Location for the 2021 Contest:
Hutto High School Competition Gym
101 Chris Kelley Dr, Hutto, Texas
*Suggested Hotels in the Hutto Area*
3001 Kalahari Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78665
3900 East Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock, TX, 78665
Brand New Facility! Only 5 miles away
Courtyard by Marriot - Round Rock
2700 Hoppe Trail, Round Rock, TX 78681
*Important Contest Information*
*Competition begins promptly at 8:15am
*Doors will open at 7:45am. No early arrival
*NBTA Rules will be in effect for all competitive events
*First entries received will be last to perform.
*Performance order will be done via set numbers
*Lane assignments will be in the program
*The formal set system will be followed
*No refunds will be given for any reason
*No food/drink except water allowed in the gym
Event Order: modeling events, best costume, individual events, teams & show twirls
Contest Surcharge admits parents, coached, and spectators, as well as includes a digital program
The program will be emailed out the week of the contest (typically on Wednesday evening). There will NOT be paper copies available at the contest, so please print out your own or download the PDF to your phone.
*Individual Music Submission*
Anyone entering an event with individual music (show twirl, rhythmic, UIL, team, collegiate twirl, freestyle, etc) must submit their music via email to ATXTwirlFest@gmail.com by November 25th. Music will only be played via pre-loaded music files We will not have a CD player or alternate playing option. This will prevent the need for sound checks or music malfunctions since all music will be able to be tested beforehand.
*Hutto High School Winterguard Concession Stand*
Support the contest hosts, the Hutto High School Winterguard, by visiting
their Concession Stand. These funds will help pay for their upcoming
Winter guard season. Full menu will be available the week of the contest.
*Contest Events & Awards*
Miss Holiday Model: 60% Modeling, 40% Interview
Attire: Costume or Dress *no stiletto/spike heels allowed
Awards: 1st place – Tiara & Sash... 2nd-5th place – Rhinestone Headband
Miss Twirling Snowflake: 20% Modeling & Interview, 40% X Strut, 40% Solo
Modeling Attire - Beg/Int: Costume, Advanced: Formal Dress *no stiletto/spike heels allowed
Awards: 1st Place – Tiara, Trophy & Sash... 2nd-5th place – Trophy
Basic Skills Pageant: 20% Modeling in costume (no interview), 40% Basic Strut, 40% Solo
Awards: 1st Place – Tiara/Award/Sash... 2nd-5th place – Award
Candy Cane Cup Twirl Off: The Top 2 placing twirlers in each Solo division will twirl off
against the other twirlers from their difficulty division (i.e. Top 2 for all Novice Solos).
Judges will select the overall winners for the Novice, Beginner, and Intermediate divisions
and the Candy Cane Cup Grand Champion from the Advanced/Collegiate division.
The winner of each division will receive a Candy Cane Twirl Off Winner Cup.
High School Colorguard Solo - Sabre, Rifle, or Flag
Solos Will be awarded a I, II, or III rating
*Individual Event Awards*
Beg/Int/Adv: 1st Place – Trophy
Novice: 1st Place – Award
2nd-5th Place – Medal
Ratings Event Awards
I, II, or III Rating – Ribbon