COVID STATEMENT & SAFETY PROCEDURES
Due to safety concerns related to COVID-19, in order to safely hold our event, there will be several strict procedures added to the 2021 AAU Lonestar Regional Event. Failure to cooperate with these procedures by any twirling athlete or their accompanying parent will result in the athlete being disqualified and removed from the competition with no refunds given.
Please do not register if you do not agree to follow all procedures!
1. Each athlete will only be allowed to enter with one accompanying adult. No extra spectators will be allowed in the facility including friends or additional family members. One adult per athlete. No exceptions.
2. Only coaches listed on the registration form of an actively competing twirler will be allowed into the event facility. Listed coaches will be allowed to enter in addition to each athlete’s accompanying adult.
3. Masks must be worn at all times by every person in the facility. No health accommodations will be allowed. If you can't wear a mask, do not sign up for this event, or send a different adult with your competing athlete. Athletes wanting to perform without a mask can remove it at the ready line only when they are about to perform.
4. All athletes and parents must maintain social distance at all times during the event.
5. Each competitor and accompanying adult must fill out an ASC Facility Waiver before the event AND a COVID-19 screening form on the morning of the event before entering the building. Temperatures will also be taken at the front desk by the ASC Staff. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed in the facility.
6. This event will be limited to only 70 athletes and 10 team performances. No exceptions!
Attendees must recognize that by registering for the contest and entering the facility, they are assuming the risk involved with potential exposure to COVID-19. While the contest directors will uphold as many precautions as possible, attendees must understand that there is inherent risk with any activity that involves possible contact with other people.
2021 AAU Lonestar
Additional Contest Information
Baton Twirling Super Regional
2021 AAU Junior Olympic Games Prep Contest
Saturday, May 8, 2021
Austin Sports Center Cedar Park
1420 Toro Grande Dr, Cedar Park, TX 78613
Contest Directors: Twirl ATX - Ashley Wood & Whitney Coons
Contact Information: AAUTwirlLonestar@gmail.com or 512-848-7426
Entry Info: Online Registration Only. Visit keepaustintwirling.com/aau-lonestar-registration/
Entry Deadline: Registration & Payment must be submitted by Midnight on April 16, 2021
Download Contest Information PDF
Time: Doors Open at 8:45 am. Events start promptly at 9:15 am.
While this year's AAU Junior Olympic Games being held August 2-5, 2021 in Houston, Texas does not have qualifying requirements, this will be the only AAU Regional event in the Texas area for 2021. This is a great prep/practice contest to help those planning to attend the Junior Olympics experience an AAU contest before attending the National event.
A Twirler’s Competition Age for AAU is their Actual Age on December 31, 2021.
All current AAU Rules will be followed for this event. The AAU Twirling Handbook is available atwww.aaubaton.org.
All Athletes (solo and team) MUST be AAU members and be able to provide AAU Membership Numbers when submitting entry forms. Visit www.aaubaton.org to sign up for your membership BEFORE registering. Memberships cost between $14-$16, and any membership purchased for this event will also be valid for the AAU Junior Olympics in August. (Please Note, Adult Athlete memberships are not instant, so please allow several days to process).
Age Divisions for all individual events (age as of 12-31-2021):
0-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-18, 19-22, 23+
Duet & Team Events:
Age Divisions for all team events (average age as of 12-31-2021):
0-6, 7-9, 10-13, 14-18, adult